Friday, March 30, 2007

Just finished...

I just finished My Life by Bill Clinton on audiobook. Wow! I've never really been into politics which is kinda funny cause at one time I was really interested in being a lawyer, but this book was really good. I forgot how much I liked Bill Clinton despite all the personal problems he went through while in office. I'm not much for discussing my personal political values so I'm going to stop there and suggest you read it.

Life has been pretty uneventful this week. I got the flu, the icky, sicky flu and was in bed for two days. Now I'm getting back to life and figuring out what I missed. I definitely have missed out on working on my book. You would think with two days at home I would have done a ton with it. But my main concern was how close the bathroom was. When your tummy is reminding you that it can control your life you can't think about the next chapter or where you want your characters to go. Although I did get through some of my research. Plus it gave me a good starting point of where I need to be going.

Mindmapping! This is the best thing in the world. I used to do these in school all the time and I forgot how awesome they are. The one thing I could concentrate on where the ideas that were floating around that needed to be put down. So I got out a blank sheet of paper, thank god I've been keeping all those half used sheets of paper, and started writing down ideas in their little bubbles. Then came in the fun part of drawing all the lines on how everything relates. I think I worked through the problems I was having with my book and how to resolve it. So now that I'm feeling better I really should be working on my book rather than reading and blogging! I'll get there, just need a little time to warm up and get the creative juices flowing. I have a whole hour to devote to writing this morning and I plan on using it!

No comments: