Saturday, March 24, 2007

whatever will happen now??

I am in one of those phases again where I know that something big is going to happen soon. Maybe it's everything with work or just life in general, but something is definitely going on and I can feel it.

Well the reading thing is going very well lately. I just finished listening to The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon. I think that I'm going to have to actually read it. It actually kind of scared me on how I could relate to the autistic child that was the narrator. I'm scared to admit that I think like he does a lot of the time. Okay, so I understand I can talk to strangers, and that I can actually use a public restroom instead of wetting myself. Sorry, gotta read the book to understand. Oh, and I just finished, I mean minutes ago, The Thirteenth Tale. Now that was a good book. It is definitely one I will have to buy and read again. I need it in my library to remind me that it's good that books don't turn out how you expect them to and something they really shouldn't. After all, is it really fun to read about something and figure it all out before the end. As usual I tried to guess the ending and I couldn't have been more further from the truth. Not only was I wrong about the ending but I was wrong about the middle! Oh, I have so much to learn. The good thing is it makes me think that writing is the best medicine for me. I just wish that one story would come out instead of my brain coming up with five million.

And on to writing..... Blah!!!! LOL! I wish that I could say I am writing like a fool and it's going great but it isn't. I think that I finally realized where I need to expand my story and get it back on track. In fact I think that I'm probably done with it, or at least the skeleton of it. I can feel that I'm missing something though. The last two weeks I have been just thinking about it in my head. I've been trying to get it out of my head so it can breathe on its own and let me know when it's figured itself out, but unfortunately my brain doesn't work that way. But I think that is what the big itch I'm getting has to deal with, or at least partially. I'm sure that there are several things that will be worked out in the next few weeks. Lord knows that I have a life in need of a good fix!

Life will get worked out and tends to work better when I stop trying so damn hard! Guess it's back to the meditation state for me and maybe I'll find that moment of truth yet!

No comments: