Sunday, March 18, 2007

Recommended Reading - Thanks for all your help!

Well it's been almost two months since I went on my quest for the great books to read. Everyone was very helpful so I thought I would share what everyone has shared with me! Sorry guys, I haven't gotten to all of yours, but there is so much to read out there I'm getting to them!

Recommended Reading:
Angels & Demons by Dan Brown - I did read this and did like it. Not sure that I liked it more than The Da Vinci Code, but I think that it was the concept. I was very interested in the historical figures in The Da Vinci Code.

The Godfather by Mario Puzo - There has to be something here or they wouldn't have made all the movies!

Anything by Piers Anthony - haven't gotten this far yet, but it's fantasy so I'm sure I'm going to love it!

Marley and Me by John Grogan - Read this book in a weekend! Great short read, especially for the summer. Watch out, if you have dear pets it's a little sad. I cried and cried!

Dear John by Nicholas Sparks - haven't read yet

The Husband by Dean Koontz - haven't read yet

Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden - okay this is a favorite. I have read it multiple times and think that the movie is beautiful.

Fall on Your Knees by Ann Marie MacDonald - haven't read yet

Running with Scissors by Augustan Boroughs - haven't read yet

Pillars of Earth by Ken Follet - haven't read yet

Gone for Good by Harlen Cogen - haven't read yet

Tell No One by Harlen Cogen - haven't read yet

At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks - haven't read yet

Three Weeks by Nicholas Sparks - haven't read yet

Fifth Horseman by James Patterson - haven't read yet, and this is fifth in a series so I might start the whole series before this one

Mary Mary by James Patterson - haven't read yet

Eugene Onegin by Aleksandr Sergeevich Pushkin - haven't read yet

Steppenwolf by Hermann Hesse - haven't read yet

The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield - just started reading, will keep you posted.

The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova - haven't read yet

Anything by Henry James - haven't read yet, but have The Wings of the Dove in my library to read thanks to wonderful Stephie!

Anything by Edith Wharton especially House of Mirth or The Buccaneers - listened to House of Mirth on audiobook and really did like it, love Ethan Frome too

The Iliad by Homer - haven't read yet

The Aenied by Virgil - haven't read yet

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte - loved it in high school

Villette by Charlott Bronte - haven't read it yet

The Portrait of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde - haven't read it yet

Anything by Jane Austen especially Northanger Abbey and Persuasion - haven't read any yet, but love the movies based on her books: Emma, Pride and Prejudice, and Sense & Sensibility.

Possession by A. S. Byatt - haven't read yet

Map of Love by Ahdaf Soueif - haven't read yet

Arabian Nights aka: A Thousand and One Nights - haven't read yet

Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf - haven't read yet

Orlando by Virginia Woolf - haven't read yet

The Hours by Virginia Woolf - haven't read yet

Dracula by Brom Stoker - haven't read yet

Frankenstein by Mary Shelly - haven't read yet

Okay, well this is what every sent me I will give a separate blog to those I've been reading and what are my favorites!

No comments: