Sunday, March 18, 2007

Side project

Okay, I know that I'm sometimes a super private person. I don't let a lot of people know what is going on in my life, but then I like not having to answer a lot of people questions when things aren't going the correct way! But I have to get this out there! I just can't keep quiet about it at all! I have started writing a book! Yay! As you can tell, I'm very excited about it! Sometimes life isn't what you thought, but this feels very right. Unfortunately I'm stuck right now in it, but I know that I just need a little bit to think it all out.

So what's it about? Well there's a story behind it. I read Margaret George's The Memoirs of Cleopatra, by the way was fabulous! I love the way she writes. For someone who hates history, I've found that I really like reading about it. Well if it's fictional history based on true history! So I learned a lot about Cleopatra and Julius Caesar and their love affair. It seems that they had a son together. Well in Margaret's story Cleopatra miscarries a second child by Caesar. And here is where my "what if's" came in. I'm rewriting history and it's great. That's all I'm going to tell you because I'm not sure where it will end up at this point. Not happy with where it is right now so I'm thinking about going back a rewriting a bunch of it!

Okay, why am I doing something so crazy? Because I already write in my journal everyday and have tried to write daily for the last eight years. I've had a journal for the last 12 years. I love to write and I love to read. Seems like a natural fit to me. Do I want fame and fourtune? Of course, but I'm realistic. I know that it might not happen. But will it hurt me any? It will hurt me more to not try. There are more "what if's" if I don't try than if I do go through with it. And I have learned so much about myself and of course I'm finally learning all that history that I wasn't interested in high school. Wish they would have made it this interesting when I was in high school. I'm thinking that they really approached history the wrong way. I would have learned a lot more if it would have been presented through literature. Boy do I wish that schools would pay more attention to the way people learn. I'm a very visual learner, so no wonder why I liked math and literature. I see things very clearly. Okay, enough of all of this. I better get back to organizing. I plan on picking back up on the book and getting my research a little more organized. Heaven knows it works much better when I know where to find everything!

No comments: